The LJMC is on Facebook





Make a donation using Virgin Money Giving


Shop online via our easyfundraising page and you can support the LJMC at the same time!



Gift AidTax-efficient giving

If you are a UK taxpayer, the LJMC can increase the value of your donation by allowing us to reclaim basic rate tax on your donation. This is the Gift Aid scheme and increases donations by 25% at no further cost to you.

We mention Gift Aid a lot because it makes all the difference in helping us reach our fundraising target each year.

*Sponsored events: If you are taking part in a sponsored event, the pledges of your supporters may also qualify for Gift Aid.

How Gift Aid works: You can make a Gift Aid donation if the amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax you have paid in the tax year is at least equal to the amount the LJMC will reclaim.

For example, in order to make a donation of £100 to the LJMC, you will have earned £120 (assuming you are basic rate taxpayer). The difference of £20 is what the LJMC, under Gift Aid, can reclaim from HMRC - that's an increase of 25% on your donation.

Making a Gift Aid donation is really very simple. The easiest way is to use one of the LJMC’s donation forms which already include the Gift Aid declaration.

For the LJMC to reclaim the tax, it’s essential that we have your name and home address, together with the declaration that you have paid sufficient tax. Here’s a sample declaration:

I [name], of [home address & postcode] wish to Gift Aid my donation of £[amount] and any donations I make in the future to the Lynda Jackson Macmillan Centre.
I am a UK taxpayer and understand that, if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year, it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

This declaration will apply to all future donations you may make to the LJMC; you do not need to sign the declaration again. It is important that you notify the LJMC if you want to cancel this declaration, if you change your name or home address or if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid dondations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax code.

Reclaiming the tax: You don’t have to do anything more! The LJMC Finance department submits a claim to HM Revenue & Customs and that’s all there is to it!

For more information about Gift Aid, visit



Last updated: January 7, 2016